Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Working at the carwash

Welcome back.

Today, I spent a couple of hours at the car wash where I worked.

No, I didn't wash cars there. I took my briefcase, my PowerBook, my telehone and worked in the sunshine while the fine folks there washed and waxed both the Camery and the truck. This morning we found that raw eggs had found there way to land on the side fender of the truck and the rear bumper of the Camery. A late model black Cadillac got a huge egg or two on the middle of the hood--seemed to be evidence that we had not been specifically targeted. But some random foolish act.

I think I should think of some random act of kindness to pay forward, rather than a foolish one.

Both vehicles are clean and shiney, with no appearant long term damage. Our neighbor was cleaning the cadillac when I came home from the car wash. It belongs to his son who is off training with his national guard unit to perform a national security activity.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it spelled Camry? If the car was clean to start, maybe you could just pick up the egg and cook it up-- pre-scrambled egg delivery can't be that bad :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, we whipped up an omelet or omelette. But, then, kind of like using the dishwasher, I had to clean it all up. ;-)

    Yeah, I suppose that is how you spell it, if that is what you want to do.

    ReplyDelete